I love watching him learn and discover and explore. Sometimes when I leave the room I creep back and peek so I can watch him without him knowing--priceless moments.
He gets excited whenever we get close to the bathroom doore because he loves baths so much!
Other eight month events and thoughts...



* Got his hair trimmed around the ears for the first time. I can't handle a real haircut yet.
* Started trying a bit of table food-- peas, egg yolk, cheese, bananas, and carrotts.
* Started giving cheesey smiles with his mouth open enough to see his darling front teeth (lower central incisors for the dental gurus)

* Started scooting on his bum, because he tries to reach as far as he can so we won't have to be on his belly, then we he can't reach it he brings his foot back in front of him and scoots little by little.
* ROLLS FROM BACK TO TUMMY AND TUMMY TO BACK (only when it is the last resort). He is a bit of a late bloomer but he is blooming:)
* Makes sounds with consanants like dadadada, mamammmamma, bababa, yaayayayaya.
* Drinks from a sippy by himself--and loves when Daddy lets him drink from his glass.
* Can pull up to his knees.
* Developed a love for dogs. We saw 3 or 4 dogs in the past month in different places and each time we saw one (including a huge Saint Bernard) he would giggle, smile and kick his feet and reach to touch it.
* Sleeping consistently for 4 hours or more without waking up (Clarifaction HE DOES NOT SLEEP 12 HOURS WITHOUT WAKING UP! As much as I would like to claim that Jackson's perfectionistic qualities also covers sleeping that is not one of his strong points. If I nurse him each time he wakes up then yes he will sleep for 12 or so hours until he finally get up for good. But he usually gets up at least 2 or 3 times a night.
*Learned about opening presents!
Nine months still isn't long enough for me to forget what it was like to be nine months pregnant! But waking up to him talking and smiling each morning makes it all worth it and it makes me forget that I didn't ever want to experience that again.
9 Month Stats:
17 lbs. 8 oz
28 inches




6 comments:
Love the sleeping clarification. We let Gray cry all night last night. It was horrible. I finally nursed him at 8 and now he's asleep again. His little voice is so raspy.
Jack is getting so fun. When you were in the Temple he scooted everywhere. Pretty cute. We love our Jack Jack.
I love that first picture of him his chubby cheeks are so cute! I know what you mean about watching your kids when they don't know you are watching them, it's the best! Lance woke up 2-3 times a night unitl he was close to 18 months old, never really bothered me either because he always went right back to sleep after eating, could be worse I guess at least they don't wake up and stay awake!
Oh my goodness! I love his teeth! How cute are they!!!!
What a cute kid! I love how happy he is in the Christmas present picture. How fun!
I can't believe how fast the time goes. Love his cheeks. It is so fun watch him smile.
Hello Bylund cheeks!!!
Post a Comment