Tuesday, February 10, 2009

10 Months!

As excited as I am for Jackson to be mobile and cruising, I must admit, it has been really nice to hang on to the limited mobility for another month.
Jackson continues to veto crawling, although does a much better job of getting onto all fours (or at least 3 and 1/2--He like to keep one leg bent in its sitting position so he doesn't end up on stomach). When he gets on all four he ends up scooting his legs out from under him and wiggling around on his tummy or scooting himself backwards. He does best just reaching and swinging his body and legs around to scoot to where he wants to get. It takes him a while to get real distance. But he's content and so am I.
The last couple of weeks have been a great breakthrough in sleeping!! I am such a wuss and never went back to sleep training after the first time we worked on. The majority of the time now he seems to sleep through the night or get up once!!! It's fantastic. The funny, or weird thing I should say, is that he has been rolling onto his stomach to sleep during the night! I know who would have thought he would sleep longer on his stomach!? The only bummer part of that is when he does wake up he kind of freaks out that he is on his stomach and won't roll over on his own. Rolling over has never been his thing:) He had just woken up in this picture, and yes that is Tigger's arm in his mouth .
He has learned his first two real tricks this month that I think are just darling. He does a high five and now waves bye bye. I never knew such simple things would make me so proud and make me smile over and over.
We really have tried hard to start giving him more and more table food and transition him out of baby food. He still LOVES any kind of rice cereal and will pound it at every meal if we let him--just like his father. His favorite table foods have been lasagna and taco meat with kidney beans.
We have been to a couple of restaurants when he has either been tired or hungry. Both times he was totally into sucking all the lemon juice out the lemon slices from our water. He never made sour looking faces, just kept sucking and chewing on it. funny kid.

Since he starting rolling over in his sleep he has started getting some serious bed head.

8 comments:

angela said...

Jackson Rooney - didn't your Aunt Angela teach you that lemons aren't for sucking on?? You'll have to show me your lack-of-sour-face skills next time I see you! funny.

Eric and Jenny said...

He's so sweet, I love that picture of him just waking up, there is nothing more precious than a baby who has just woken up, so fun to cuddle with. What a cutie, sucking on those lemons!

Kris10 said...

I love the hair pictures! So cute!

Ashlee said...

I can't believe he's already 10 months old! He's becoming a little man.

when Drew got home Monday. Mac was rambling on about how Jen and Jack said bye. He loves you guys.

Amanda Duke said...

Yay for sleeping! Be careful with those lemons; they are so acidic they can ruin his little teeth. I just learned that last year.

Jaimee Blood said...

Hey Reynolds--that baby boy is sure big and cute. It's so fun too see their little personalities come out as they get big! Hope you are great in KY! --The Bloods

Aubrey said...

Jackson is freakin adorable. He's all smiles all the time... just like his mom :)

Aubrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.