Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Papa Larry and Grandy come to visit!


I feel so blessed to be able to say that I love spending time with my in laws and I love the relationship that we have. They are sooo easy to be around and so laid back! The only hard part part for me is learning to be laid back! I have to say that I am still learning, but feel like I have come a long way and it feels so nice to be able to relax and let go of all the planning and the details. We really do have a great time when we are together.

They flew in Wednesday evening and flew home Monday evening. It would have been fun to have them longer, but we enjoyed all the time we could get! With minimal naps and always staying up late Jackson was exhausted by the time they left and he took a 3 hour nap yesterday! Some of the highlights of the trip for Jackson included: Going to Pet Smart, playing hide and seek with Larry (he learned to cover his eyes when someone goes to hide), feeding the ducks, playing with markers, picking out a new toy at Toys R Us, playing outside in the rain, going on walks, playing at the mall playplace, playing ring around the rosey, and getting more love than he could handle!!










Larry's birthday was on Sunday so we did a little family party. He got a BYU tie, some favorite candy, and got to talk about the fun soccer game the family bought him a ticket for when he was in Germany last month. We continued the Bylund tradition and went around and talked about why we all love and appreciate Larry--He's patient, he ALWAYS puts his family before work, supports his kids, and is a wonderful worthy Priesthood holder who has set a good example for his boys and his grandson.
The evenings were always really fun because Josh and Jenna would be home and we would all just kind of hang out and play with Jackson! He loves to wrestle with his dad, papa, and uncle, he likes to read books, and is really has fun with his puzzles that make noise. He knows there is a baby in my tummy when I ask him where the baby is...occasionally he points to his belly as well.

Sometimes Jackson will not be in the "praying" mood. If he is in the mood though sometimes he likes to say another prayer after we have alreayd prayed.

Seriously, try and tell me their is a 17 month old as cute as Jackson!

1 comment:

Bingham Family said...

Grandparents are the best!! Sounds like you have goods ones on both sides. Jen your looking darling!! I am so excited for you!