He loves holding his little piggies, and will often stick his big toe in his mouth
For the last couple of months I have been in that stage of wondering if he will end up being a thumb sucker because I couldn't tell if he just couldn't get his thumb to stay in his mouth or if he didn't really like it that much. Well lately he has taken the double thumb approach. He doesn't so much suck his thumb as much has he just chews and bites his thumb.
This is Drew's trademark look. He sucks his bottom lip in and suddenly, in my opinion his whole face and look changes and he looks like a different kid. It is kind of bizarre.

I am in denial... still. I feel like he still so little and that I should treat him like a little baby. Yet as soon as I start playing with him, give him a toy, he responds and is ready for interaction. I have done a horrible job of starting him rice cereal with him. My pediatrician suggested I start doing it twice a day. So far, he has had it about twice--total. OH well. He is gaining plenty of weight and I love his little rolls and ripples.
He seems to be pretty coordinated as he has started reaching for things, holding the side of books, and learning how "disney in a box" (exersaucer) works. He loves to watch Jackson, play with his dangling toys on his jungle gym, and nurse! He is very stubborn when it comes to nursing and when he decides that is what he wants, nothing can distract him or detract him from that mission! He gets super angry when I feed him like an hour before he goes down for the night and try to put him down without nursing again. I always give in and let him nurse to sleep. I'm obviously not one of those Baby Wise mothers:) He has gotten to the stage where he kicks his feet and gets excited when I lay him down on my lap just before he nurses because he knows what is coming.
Since I'm writing this a month late... this is all that comes to mind. 6 months should be more detailed:)




No comments:
Post a Comment