Monday, August 15, 2011

Just because

I wish so badly that I could remember ALL the funny things my Jackson tells me on a daily basis. He is quite the precocious 3 year old that is not a small sponge, but a HUGE sponge. If I say something once, he not only remembers it, but he remembers the words I used and how I used them. Nothing gets passed this kid. Since I can't remember everything he says, let me just have a snapshot of a couple of things from today that I can remember.

I took the boys to the library and I said out loud I wasn't sure if I knew exactly how to get there. I made it and as I pulled into the spot Jackson says "Mom! You made it! We are here and you did it without your GPS! I knew you could do it".

We were headed home from the library and I went home a different direction which included going over railroad tracks. He said, Mom, why are you going over these tracks, we didn't go over any on our way to the library?



He is adjusting well to the move and seems to enjoy the bigger house and outside yard. He still seems to get a little confused everyone now and then about not living in Lexington. When we went to KY for the Bylundfest, the night before he asked me, "But aren't we going to take any of my toys?" He was so sincere. I think he thought we were moving back to Lexington.

A couple days ago we passed a house with a swing set that looked a lot like his cousin' Ashley's. He said "Mom, that is Ashley's swing set." and followed up a couple minutes later with, "Why aren't we going to go and visit her?"

Potty training was a MAJOR success!! It deserves its own post, but I figured I would put this in since I am thinking of it. I put him on the potty a few days ago and noticed his underwear was a bit wet already and I said, "Jackson, did you have an accident?" and he said, "No mom! Accidents are when the pee pees come out and go down my leg. I did NOT have any pee pee come down my leg, See?." And proceeds to point to his dry legs. Ha Ha.

This little baby of mine Drew is growing by the day now! He is up to Jacksons' shoulders in height now and watches Jackson like a hawk all day long. He tries nearly everything Jackson does including the fit throwing and whining--he will often intimate these while Jackson is doing them and he has absolutely no reason to be upset, he just watches and intimates him.

He is starting to say words though that are not always distinguishable, but he is obviously trying to repeat things as he has the tones and inflection of words we say just perfect! He gets oh so excited over any kinf of construction vehicle and especially enjoys "Choo choo" trains!!! He loves to bring me books all day long to sit down and read. They are usually cars, trucks, airplane or flap books. He loves bringing me his shoes almost just as much and almost as often. His sweetness has been proven again when he gets devoured by the misquitos here in KS. He can barely walk outside our house before he gets one.
He is a great eater and is not one to turn down food. He finds cups and pulls them out all the time holding them up for me to fill them drink. He is a great signer when it comes to crakcer, please, thank you, more, and all done. He has started saying many of these now, though only his mother who is with him all day understand them.

They have started to play and enjoy each other more and more. The bathtub is one of their favorties and they do really well together.

I sure love my little buddies!

1 comment:

areyoulooney said...

They are both soo cute! You have such great kids. I am glad yall are having a great time in Kansas