Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall Fun

I think with each new season comes a sense of excitement and motivation to do those "seasonal" things you haven't done for at least a year.
Adam and I did our first corn maze at Thanksgiving Point year before last (It was designed as Napoleon Dynamite). This year we went to Kelly farms, owned by members of our stake, for a corn maze designed to be Abraham Lincoln. Lucky for us we had lots of guidance and direction from friends to get us through without back tracking. We decided we would go for date night and round up some others to go with us. We enjoyed the company during the maze of the Moons, Brimhalls, Edwards, Millars, Hansons. It was way colder than we had anticipated, but Jackson was a trooper and and feel asleep in the Baby Bjorn. When we got him his little toesies were ice and his ankles were freezing. But he was a good sport the whole time.
To be completely honest we were lemmings the whole way and just chatted with friends letting the leaders do the brain work...I question if I should have paid $17 to chat all the way through maze... but we got some great pics, played corn hole, and Adam got to taste his first funnel cake compliments of the Millar's, met the Edwards for the first time, and enjoyed the fall evening. I'm sure we'll go again next year.



We also got the special treat of going to Keenland with the Millar's. Unfortunately it was cut short because Jackson was tired and sick and couldn't fall asleep with the sun, noise, and stuffy nose. Can you believe that? (hrmmm... maybe he was sick because we took him to a corn maze the night before when it was freezing!) We still got to watch a couple of races and be apart of the experience. Lucky for me Ashlee had her camera and snapped a few shots in the short time we were there. Thanks Ashlee!

I love the Keenland racetrack! So fun, so exciting, so smelly, so loud, so crowded. (I love that Jackson is the only one looking at the camera).

I snapped this shot just before we left the Grand Stand. This is the courtyard where they show the horses before the race. I wanted at least one picture w a horse in it!

"Hrmmmm...which horse should I bet on next?"




I think it is hilarious that this is the overflow parking for Keenland. Good ole KY.

4 comments:

Lora said...

We are so totally lame! I wish that we could have come to the corn maze with ya'll! We miss you guys! Hey John told me yesterday that Kade (his lil boy) came home from school asking about which girl at his work was friends with Mrs. Bylund's daughter! How funny is that that he remembered to ask his dad about that!
P.S. John says wonderful things about your mom.

Ashlee said...

Love how you still managed to a get a picture while Jackson was crying at Keeneland:) No matter what happens you gotta get the picture. Even if your son has fallen down crying in the corn maze:)

Amber said...

What a little sweetheart! Jackson looks so cute in his warm hat. Sounds like tons of fun.

Kris and Kally said...

His hair is really starting to grow in! Cute kid! And I LOVED his Halloween costume! Totally cracked me up! Nice work JB!