Tuesday, March 10, 2009

11 Months

Little Mr. Busy Body! He just loves to sit and play. His favorite toy this month by far has been his Busy Ball Choo Choo Chain that he got from the Bylund's for Christmas! Since he learned to crawl he is just thrilled to chase the moving train all around our kitchen over and over again! It's great! He gets excited when he catches up to it, plays with the balls putting them in and out and then chases it again.
It has been wonderful that he has learned to get into a sitting position from his belly so we don't have to pick him up all the time. He loves crawling to cords--if we ever want him to crawl we just pull out some cords. He has a harder time going to sleep because he now sits up in his crib, and throws his Tigger and binki out of the crib. Then waits for us to come back in, give them back and lay him back down. He adores being outside. Today we went to the park in the morning, and took 3 walks this afternoon. Intense I know--but he loved every second of it. While at the park he got in one of the baby swings and was a bit scared at first, but then enjoyed the ride. He LOVED the slide!! We were with the Bylund's and Brittany suggested that Jackson might like to go down the slide. So Aunt Angela helped go down and I caught him. He thought it was quite the thrill and wanted to do it again and again. In between the walks he crawled to the screen door and just sat there looking outside. So cute. He learned how to say please in sign language, although he rarely does it on demand and doesn't know what please means--just how to sign it when we say it, but it's so dang cute when he does. He LOVES doing "So Big" and having us tell him how big he is each time he throws his hands up in the air. He is sleeping pretty good most nights. Usually sleeps throught the night at least 2 or 3 times a week. The other times he gets up once or twice. His two top teeth have poked through. He still hasn't learned to pull himself all the way up to his feet, but gets up on his knees and reaches for things from there. It never fails that he is excited to get in the bathtub and can play for 45 minutes easy without getting bored. He is talking more and talking louder. We have a new routine at night where we ask him "Where's Tigger" and he smiles and starts looking around then we take him to his crib (where tigger stays) and he looks up and down the crib till his eyes stop on Tig and he starts smiling and giggling. Priceless I tell you. Priceless. I love finding him sitting up in his crib at the end of naptime just waiting for me to find him.

I won't lie...I'm a little itsy bitsy sad that this is the last "month" post and the next one will be 1 year! But we are sooo excited to celebrate it!:)

6 comments:

Kristy Swenson said...

Wow!!, he is almost 1 year old?! :) when are you guys coming back out to utah? then we can see you and the little guy...oh and adam too! hahaha! :) hope all is well!

Bingham Family said...

He is so cute! I can't believe he is almost 1! They get big way, way to fast!

Marissa said...

You're kidding me right? Wasn't he just born?? So big so fast but getting cuter by the minute for sure!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute and getting so big! I can't wait to see you guys again and play with Jackson. Just a few months and we'll be living in Kentucky too!

angela said...

I love that Jackson! When I see his smiling face in those pictures, it makes me smile! It's contagious I tell ya!

Kris and Kally said...

It makes me sad that he is so big already....boo :-( I don't want him to grow up!