
On Saturday we went to the university farm and saw cows, pigs, and some horses from a distance. Jackson liked the cows the best. It was fun for him to get a trip to the farm just for him with his Grandma Pam and Grandpa Bob.
He discovered quickly that afternoon how fun it is to be pushed around in the little tykes car. We had to be a bit creative because sometimes his foot would drag just enough to get caught underneath the car, so put a bungi cord around the car so he had a foot rest.Of course Jackson's first Easter couldn't come before we dyed eggs. He was pretty exhausted from the day without much of a nap but the show must go on. So we had him dye one egg and one hand. It was worth it!
After egg dyeing I made Jackson's birthday cake. He is really into dogs right now, so I decided to a puppy dog theme. I tried something new with the icing. I melted it and then just poured it over the cake. It was sooo much faster and came out pretty smooth. Adam helped with the artistic stuff... staight lines, carving the cake, and making sure the eyes were even. It was a fun little cake to make. I did an extra little loaf cake and made a bone so he had his own personal cake to have fun with. Brittany woke up with a bad dream so she came and helped and put the dog's tongue on.Sunday afternoon we celebrated Jackson's birthday. He and his cousin Ashely are going to be great buddies! They are almost ready to acknowledge that the other one exists:) Ashely put on a hat for Jackson to help realize it was fun to wear hats at a part! What a good cousin!
Jackson favorite part of his birthday party was by far being sung to. He was beaming from ear to ear during the whole song. It's always a good feeling to feel special!
He wasn't really into his cake all that much. I broke off a few pieces for him to eat after he attempted to do a small pinch and just got crumbs. I gave him some icecream on a spoon. I think he liked it, but only had a couple of bites after getting frustrated that it was so cold. He liked doing it by himself though.
Although I truly don't think Jackson "needed" any presents, he sure got some great ones that we will put to good use. He was of course most excited about his balls and puppy car, and I was most excited with his Little People song CD, Signing Time DVD, and Leap Frog fridge barn. The first picture below is him being so excited because he can already hear the dog car making "woof woof" sounds. The next one is him being excited (kicking his feet and waving his arms) watching the shake-n-go dog drive around. The cousins all crowded in because they loved it too!
Are the Reynolds boys handsome?
We had Jackson open his Easter basket after church, nap, and lunch so he could at least enjoy it a little bit. Again, his favorites proved to the the car and balls.
After Jackson' birthday party we had a HUGE GIGANTIC Easter egg hunt in the back yard. The cousins loved it and we tried to Jackson into it. He figured out how to put the eggs in the bucket so I thought that was pretty good. Grandma must have had around 200 or so eggs to be hidden. Crazyness... and sooo fun!








12 comments:
wow! i can't believe he's already 1! p.s. your hair looks great!
Beautiful Pictures!!! :) I love your easter family picture, so cute. I'm glad he had a great birthday!
What a fun weekend! It was so good to see you on Sunday!!
Wow! That's one big weekend, but boy what a fun one. Jackson looks so cute in his Easter outfit, what a handsome boy!
be careful about the fridge farm...brooke has one...our ten pieces have gone down to five...our trash can is conveniently located near the fridge and if we don't catch her pieces somehow disappear...
He is so cute! What a fun weekend. That is so neat he got to go to a farm with grandpa and grandma. Since our grandpa dosn't have a farm anymore, next time your in Utah you need to come over. He would love the cows and horses. I am glad you live close enough to your parents so you can go for the holiday! I bet your mom loves it. Well of course she dose. 200 eggs!!! Tell Aunt Pam hello for me!
I second the hair comment, it is SO cute!!! You are always so cute though! Thanks for the great birthday/easter update. We're sad we missed both b-day celebrations.
Cute cake Jen! Very impressive. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jackson!
It was a great weekend! Great pictures. Thanks for sharing with us.
Looks like a blast! He is sure growing into quite a looker and he has the sweetest personality ever. You guys are such great parents! Happy Easter!
What FUN pictures! Looks like a Fun Weekend!! You sure have a CUTE little guy aren't they just a Blast!! Love Love the Birthday Cake way to go!! Love Jennifer
Handsome boy!!! I love your family easter pic. you are both such beautiful parents. I heard a rumor about you today - congrats on your new full-time job (RS pres.) We know you will be WONDERFUL!!!!! We'll pray for you!
Post a Comment