My family growing up, didn't really believe in a BirthDAY, we believed in BirthWEEK. There is so much excitement, anticipation, and preparation that you can't cram it all into one day, you've got start waaaaay before the actual day:)
So at the beginning of the week Jackson was given a $20 bill to buy birthday things for his party. We went to Party City one night, to let him pick out
what he wanted. We found train things and got a few party favors, plates, whistles, balloons and some hats.
He helped me make the cakes the day before, so I could decorate them after he went to bed and have it ready for his party the next day. That's all he talked about his party for a couple of days was TRAAAAIIN CAKE! He was very excited for the cake. And he absolutely loves to do mixing! And...

SNITCHING!! A boy after my own heart.

It turned out pretty cute in my opinion.
Good Morning Birthday Boy!!!
On our way to the party picking up pizzas--Jackson waiting patiently. We had to wait a while for the pizzas and Jackson was very anxious about getting his train cake. So we kept telling him as soon as we get to your party we can have your cake.
...So the first thing he did when we got the party, was go for the cake!
We had his party at a park with cousins, aunts and uncles and the Dickens. His favorite game hands down that we played was freeze with punch balls. He told Grandma Pam at the end of the party "More freeze".
I tried to help them make a train and walk around with the music--total disaster.
Tried to toss bean bags into the train basket--total disaster. Jaskson knew it was his basket and didn't want anyone to have anything to do with it. We also tied snagging a box and using it but it still didn't really pan out. Oh well.
And I forgot to do the hokie pokie. I guess 2yr old b-day's are my forte yet. Hopefully I'll be more experienced with
Drew's in a couple years.
Jackson got some very fun gifts this year! Bug catcher, truck outfit, puzzle, blocks, tricycle, blocks, animals, Joey with changeable outfits, and some new pj's.
When all was said and done, we had a fun time and it was a great party!!
He still sleeps in!! In the last week or so he has been getting up earlier... 8 or 8:30. It's such a dream!
He has no idea that climbing out of his crib is an option. It's fantastic
He is doing a great job of putting sentences together. Some of his favorites right now are. "I want this side", "I NEED that", "I want Drew down" "outside please mamma". It is fun to hear him say new words everyday that I didn't know he knew.
He is learning his letters (THANK YOU LEAPFROG LETTER FACTORY!!) He knows, K, W, P, A, J, B, I, and their associated sound.
He is still my little man, only 25 lbs.
Has only recently figured out how to climb up on to couches, playground steps, kitchen chairs and into his umbrella stroller.
Is completely in love with Tigger still, and has added Hopkins to the mix (a blanket frog we tried to get him hooked on when he was a baby). We said goodbye to "stinky Tig" back in March (When he stayed with his Bylund Grandparents and Adam and I were in DC) and he hasn't asked for him since he was replaced with a couple of new Tiggers.
He and I talk about Trucks, cars, garbages trucks, Ambulances, police cars, and buses whenever we are driving around.
If he thinks the food he is eating is "momma's food" then he will eat it.
We can understand most things he says, although it still takes an acquired ear (example Newt Nacks= Fruit Snacks)
He is learning the gospel through nightly scripture study. He can pick out Jesus in any picture you show him. He knows Baptize and that you are baptized at 8. He knows you kneel to pray and fold your arms, bow your head and close your eyes (doing it is another story:)). He knows that "Jesus Christ Amen" means DONE!
He still loves listening to Scripture Scouts.
He is shy. He does well with cousins and a few family friends, but generally shuts down to those he doesn't recognize.
He says please, thank you, and excuse me by himself--although he certainly still requires reminders.
I guess those are the highlights for now... Highlights being the first thing that came to my mind:)




3 comments:
I love when I give him something and he says "ank oo josh", which is obviously thank you josh. Its probably my favorite thing to hear.
-Josh
Jackson is so cute! You guys know how to throw a party!
aww! he is getting so old! and your train cake was amazing! i still don't even understand how you did it. thanks for posting all of this!
Post a Comment