Drew's Nursery. I finally finished the nursery by adding some vinyl letter just above his crib. My mom did an incredible sewing the nursery crib blanket, bed skirt, curtains, changing table pad, and basket liners. I think it turned out pretty darn cute! I love spending time in there!!
Drew is nearly rolling over. He just has to learn how to get his arm out from under him. He just hit is four month mark last week. He is such a perfect baby. So patient and loves for his mom and dad to give him loves and tickles. Love his new giggles. He likes his play mat jungle gym and does a great job with hand eye coordination in grabbing the animals, swinging them around and holding on to them. He is finally starting take his binki a little better, although when the binki comes out either a thumb goes in or he tries to suck on his monkey blanket. He sleeps best in his swing still, and will still sleep for a good 4 hours stretch and then another 3 hour stretch. It's good enough for me. His poor little eyes still get really goopy and we wipe them out constantly. We are going to give him some eye drops for a while and see if that helps. He can sit in the bumbo, but after a few minutes his head falls backward. He doesn't hate tummy time, which is a major plus in my book. I just have to remember to do it!
Jackson is not allowed to get his tigger out of his crib, unless given permission. Since he didn't have permission to get the tigger he sucks on out of his crib, he found all the other tiggers in the house so we could read together.
Today in the tub, Jackson said the 1st Article of Faith-minus a few prepositions. Such a great kid! People always say kids are sponges, but I didn't realize how much a sponge could absorb! It's incredible what a kid can learn if you stop to teach them things!! Some of his (and my) favorite things he knows--
People ride on school buses
Garbage Truck---puts garbage in his hopper and crushes it--Bam, Bang Crash!
Race cars go fast
Daddy gives holy ghost on your head
I don't like 'dat song-skip
Grandma's car black
Anything you can go under becomes a tunnel. (Including strawberries when cut down the center)
When reading some of his favorite stories, if I pause he can tell me the next
All the sounds and capital letters of the alphabet
Counting 1-11
Singing I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ
I could not ask for more.




4 comments:
Impressive boys!! Can't wait to see all that in person!!
They are so dang cute. I agree they are little sponges. It his been so fun to have Brance in school and see how important it really is to teach them at home. Your doing awesome. I am also excited to see you this summer. When are you coming to Utah? We better get some time with you and those cute kiddo's!!!
Drew's nursery is super cute! And I loved reading about everything that Jackson has learned. Your boys are lucky to have such great parents. :)
Your nursery is cute! Are the boys in their own rooms? Sorry I haven't even called you back yet. I am a bad friend!! We just got back from a family reunion and Mick's wedding. Marcy also got engaged. My mom came into town before we left. I want to see you when you come! Maybe I'll give you a call today...hopefully we can catch up!
Post a Comment