The weekend of August 1st was ggggrrrrrrreat for me. It is the first time since Jackson was born that we have had my entire family together! Julie and crew came from Miami for a summer trip to Grandma and Grandpa's. Much to our delight, she and Abe were planning a trip to Natural Bridge and asked if any of the rest of us wanted to join them. Of course none of us could resist and it turned out to be a really fun weekend! We hiked up to natural bridge a couple of times, went swimming a couple of times, enjoyed a most excellent cookout w/ smores, and had a blast watching all the cousins play with each other. Jackson's biggest contribution was probably letting Brandon steal his binki while he was sleeping. It was fun for me though to watch my nieces and nephews enjoy talking, tickling and smiling at Jackson. It really was a treat. One of my favorite parts of the weekend was when we were all lined up on the staires in front of the cabins, for a family pic, we broke out in song singing happy birthday to mom since we hadn't had a chance to celebrate it on July 20. She was standing in front of us trying to get us all lined up for the perfect photo. As we sang her to tears swelled in her eyes and it was obvious how much she loved seeing her whole family there together. It was a great memory.
Now that there are 20 members of our family there is talk of this being our first family reunion. My dad's side of the family does a reunion every 2 years called the BylundFest. Suggestions for our family reunion are Bob and Pam-a-rama, BylundPalooza BylundExtravaganza... We'll see what sticks I guess...
One Big Happy Family!
Thank heaven's for daddy's--tired babies after the hike
Adam's sister Lindsey was here for the weekend so she came with us too!
Jackson was such a great sport! He slept a good part of it--This is the back of his head with him dead asleep
Smith crew coming out of Fat Man's Misery!




5 comments:
I love Natural Bridge! But I am always scared of bring on it... I feel like the wind could blow me off. It sounds like fun to have the whole family together!
That is so fun that your whole family got to have such a fun weekend together. I loved the story about singing happy birthday to your mom, I can so picture my mom bursting into tears too, so sweet!
Looks like so much fun. Glad you guys could be all together!
Looks like tons of fun! I love it when family is around. They make life just so much better and Natural Bridge is the perfect hike. Short but pretty. I can't believe how much Jackson is growing. He is so precious.
Family outings...pricless!
Post a Comment