Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Favorite Room

Last Monday was a monumental day at 3126 Kirklevington! Adam and I (and some additional family) started remodeling our kitchen when we moved in last July! 13 months later we have a finished product and I couldn't be happier with it! It has taken a ton of time, but we have learned some great things along the way that I'm sure will come in handy in the future--always use a tinted primer when you are painting something red, buy the biggest bottle of Diff possible if you are taking off 2 layers of wallpaper pasted on paneling, never use oil-based paint unless it is a last resort, never rinse out your paint in your kitchen sink even if you are sure you are going to get a new sink, even if the project is going to be expensive just bite the bullet and pay for it instead of waiting around for a better deal. Adam has become quite the handy man by learning how to install a range, a ceiling fan and light fixture, new outlets, laminate flooring, and learning to use a host of tools I don't even know the names of

BEFORE...
please note: 1.) This is the day we moved around the 3rd week of July 2007. 2.) dark wood cabinets, carpet/tile on the floor, retirement home wallpaper, (you can't see the avocado green stove and sink)




AFTER...


August 18, 2008

4 comments:

vanessa said...

Looks awesome!! You guys are brave and your hard work sure paid off.

Marissa said...

Beautiful! I love it!!

The Masons said...

It looks BEAUTIFUL!!!! I can totally relate to the whole process taking quite a while - but, when it's finished the feeling is wondeful!!! (Especially when you and your family have done the work yourselves!)

Bingham Family said...

I love it! I really want paint my cabinets but I'm scared I won't like it. But your's look awesome!