Saturday, March 13, 2010

What I know about little Drew

My sweet little Drew. It is incredible having another baby in our home. I was just telling Adam how I think of Drew as a newborn... but he is nearly 2 months old (I like to say 7 weeks though because it makes him sounds littler:)). I realize he isn't a newborn anymore though because I have packed up all his preemie and newborn sleepers and onesies, he has fat rolls around his thighs, his cheeks are all filled out, he holds his head up like a champ, and he has slept for 6 hours straight for the past 3 nights. He is growing up.
Love his heart--he is has horrible gas and mylicon doesn't do a thing a for him. He can't handle me drinking more than a 1/2 glass of milk a day and ice cream and chocolate are definitely out of the picture. It's brutal for me, since milk is my FAVORITE, but it just isn't worth having him be in so much pain and discomfort. Hopefully he'll grow out of it, if not, it's going to be a loooong 10 months more of nursing.
He loves to be held more than anything! Drew and the Baby Bjorn are becoming great friends. He never gets tired of being cuddled, held and rocked. It's too bad he wasn't the first born of the family. Although I must admit, he rarely goes without. Jackson is becoming more and more independent and enjoys doing things himself by saying "My turn, my turn." This has allowed me to give Drew his demands of lots of burping time--sometimes 45 minutes after he eat , lots of nursing time (still every 2 hors during the day), and lots and lots of pumping out gas. I know he is hungry when he starts smacking his lips--soo cute. I know he is starving when he starts eating his hands.
Poor kid has double gunky eyes. He hates having the warm cotton ball or warm washcloth on his eye when I try to massage the duct and he shakes his head and waves his hands trying to keep me away.
Drew isn't real big on the binki thing. Every now and then if he is tired and just wants to be held to fall asleep he will take one for a little while. For the most part though he isn't interested and refuses to take it. He hasn't tried to suck on any fingers. Such a relief.
He has given me a couple of smiles when he has a full tummy, is rested, and no bubbles--a rare event. I hope he will start giving more smiles soon.
I just love my little peanut.

2 comments:

jeremy and steph said...

what a sweetie!
I had to go off dairy with MK and it was so hard (but it definitely helped get me back to my pre-preo weight! :) ) The thing that's hard is that you can't cheat...on regular diets, if you don't feel like doing it one day, or sneaking some chocolate cake, it's all your business :)....but when you know it will cause your little baby pain...you do what you gotta do!
It is so interesting to me how some babies tolerate it, and some don't. Little Sophie is just fine, whereas Madi-cakes had lots of trouble with stuff like that....interesting....
anyway, glad you guys are doing well!

Anonymous said...

So fun to start discovering a baby. He has a pretty great mom!