Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A simple man's dream...


With all of the so many important things going on in my life recently including but not limited to the nintendo wii, my brother getting married, and going to orlando I almost forgot the crowning jewel of my most recent achievements. THE PING PONG TABLE. I have never owned a ping pong table. Well let me qualify that. I have never owned a ping pong table that I didnt personally make for less than 30 bucks using a bucket of green or blue paint and a piece of particle board from Home Depot. So a couple of Saturday's ago we went garage sale shoping. After traversing the richer neighborhoods we crossed a ping pong table which we secured for 50 bucks.

Later when I returned to pick the table up I told the guy thanks for selling it, to which he replied, "Well I really didnt want to sell it but we just dont have the room to keep it." As I left his house I counted no less than 9 windows on the front side of his two story house that included a garage and probably a basement. I didnt have the heart to tell him that I was taking that beauty of a ping pong table to my "backyard." Really I should say my fenced in back floor mat. It now sits there in all of its glory under a tarp we bought from walmart. This is me playing the pong the first night we got it! It is hard to tell in a 2D picture, but really the area you are looking at in the picture is about an acre worth of land, so the new pong fits quite nicely in there!

No comments: