Adam's shoulder was bothering him for most of the weekend, but he was a great sport nonetheless. Mom and I went to Wal-Mart for a few doorbusters for the grandkids at 4:45am. Although we weren't the first ones inside we were the first ones in line and out the door with everything we went for. A much better experience then camping out at Best Buy a couple of years ago:)
My favorite activity was a tradition that my family did growing up, and that is going to the tree farm and cutting a live tree! It was great this year because it wasn't freezing cold! We chose a White Pine this year and it turned out to be a real beauty! Jackson slept during the "hunting" part and we woke him up for the end once we had found it and when it was time to shake out all the dead needles and tie it up to take it home. Thanks mom and Dad for such a fun memory and for such a wonderful tree!!


Mom and I went to the Morehead Conference Center to see the Christmas trees that had been decorated and donated to Rowan County Christmas. Santa happened to be there so we decided to see what Jackson would think... typical--totally scared! He did much better when me and mom sat with him and he could just stare at him:)

Jackson got to have Wagon Wheels at Grandmas for the first time!

Jackson DOES know how to smile without his mouth wide open!!
Jackson loved playing with Grandma and Grandpa! Thanks for such a fun weekend!!!




11 comments:
What a fun weekend. Cutting down your own Christmas tree is such a neat tradition.
Love the hair cut!!! I need to see it in person!
These days are going to be so wonderful for you to look back on. What fun memories you're making!!
Seriously... I want to make cutting down a Christmas tree part of our future holiday traditions. How fun! Can't wait to see pictures of it all decorated! Jackson just gets cuter and cuter! It will be fun to see him "grow up"!
How fun. I'm glad you got to spend time with family. I went to wal-mart on friday too!!! CrAzY!!!
Hey guys,
We found your blog through Neal and Wendy's. It's great to see that you are doing so well. Your little guy is super cute. You can check out what we're up to at: bjlinford.blogspot.com
Man I miss you so bad right now!! How fun! Sounds like you had a great weekend. Sorry we missed the tree festivities. I can't wait to see it when we get back!
Your family is so adorable! I loved all the pictures of Jackson. He's such a cutie pie! It's always a tradition for us to travel to the tree farm as well. I love that place!
Fun Thanksgiving! Cute pictures of Jackson! Great haircut!
I'm so jealous that you live by so much family! I love that picture of just you and Adam in the second set of tree pics, where you're all snuggled up to him...you look sooo cute!
Hey Jennilyn! I just wanted to say how stinkin cute your little Jackson is. He is adorable! Sounds like you have some great family traditions. Hope you're all doing great.
Jackson is soo big and soo cute! WoW! I've always wanted to go cut down our own tree--how fun. Miss you guys.
Post a Comment