Tuesday, March 30, 2010

2 months, and a little

There are some things I knew I couldn't do with baby #2 that I did with baby #1. But I still really want to try to give Drew the same things we gave to Jackson.
It's only the second month and I've already failed to do a monthly update. Better late than never!
Two of my favorite infant tendencies are first when they stretch and arch their little backs and stick out their little bums!! love it to death. I also adore the pouty faces they get just before they cry with their puckered up lip!

Drew is still pretty sporadic when it comes to any kind of sleeping schedule he has done 2 stretches of 6 hour sleeping in his lifetime and both of those nights were fantastic for me! Most of the time though he does a 4 and a 3 or 2 fours which is still pretty good. He still sleep right beside our bed in the bassinet, although he seems to prefer sleeping on my chest in the recliner. We often spend a couple of hours a night cuddling in the recliner due to either me falling asleep while nursing/burping, or because he won't fall asleep on his on in the bassinet. He generally gives in to going to sleep around midnight or so.
He has taken a bottle for Adam once and drank a couple of ounces without too much complaint. I would like to do better about pumping and feeding him with a bottle to grant me a little more flexibility with leaving him. I'm just so lazy that it is faster not to.
I completely LOVE the small rolls that he is getting on his legs. This is a first for me since Jackson has always been such a stick without much fat anywhere. Drew is doing a great job at filling out his sweet checks and getting some fat on his arms and legs.

He is still patient. He doesn't cry when he gets in our out of the bath and is so calm while I am bathing him. He doesn't cry when I dress or undress him or change his diapers. His gas is getting better since I continue to limit my dairy and chocolate. Although it is obvious at night when I have tried to "cheat" a little.
He has a couple of "smiley" times a day and I just eat them up. It makes me chuckle to myself as I watch Drew do those "open mouth" smiles and here I thought Jackson was the only one that did that when he was smiling for the first time, but now I think most babies' first smiles are like that. I didn't realize how fun it would be the second time to see all the firsts and try to capture them and lock them away in my memories. It is certainly just as special as it was the first time.
Drew still has 2 gunky eyes that we are constantly trying to wipe clean and massage the clogged ducts out. He does get irritated when I try wiping his eyes, ears, or aspirating his nose. He got congested a couple of days ago and it just breaks my heart when he wakes himself up because he can hardly breath.
He weighs about 12lbs. and is in the 50th percentile for weight, height and head circumference--just perfect.
His big brother just loves him. This morning we were downstairs and Drew was upstairs and started crying. All of a sudden Jackson stopped what he was doing and said Drew-crying! and ran to the stairs to go up and find him.
I'm so blessed to have such sweet little boys.

2 comments:

Bingham Family said...

Your boys are darling!!! You are the cutest mom:) I love babies...they grow way to fast!!!

Joy said...

so cute! I can't believe how much the boys look alike!